12 July 2021
Dear publishers and exhibitors,
As you may know, German Studies Association will be holding both an in-person conference and a virtual conference this year. Our in-person conference will be at the Marriott Downtown Hotel in Indianapolis, Indiana. Both our new Executive Director Margaret Menninger (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I look forward to welcoming you in either or both iterations. Please add my email address (email@example.com) to your contacts to help reduce the possibility of GSA-related emails sent to spam. Thanks so much! Thanks, also, for your patience with us both as we try to set up two parallel conferences at the same time. You are a vital part of our community, and we know our members are looking forward to being able to peruse titles, discuss book projects with you, and purchase materials from you during the conference virtually or face to face.
The conference will begin with kick-off events on Sept. 28, with sessions held October 1-3, 8am-6:15pm Eastern Time (in other words our usual schedule). We are scheduling the conference right now, and a tentative version will be available on our website as soon as possible (thegsa.org). You can go to that main page to find the updates, including *registration information* and *FAQs* in the right bar.
Registration is $200 for just a virtual booth and $300 per table in Indianapolis plus a virtual booth. That fee includes registration for as many of your representatives as want to attend. Please note that only registered exhibitors will be displayed on our conference website when it goes live. We are also offering the opportunity to advertise in our conference program and that form is attached to this email. Unfortunately the deadline for that form to be filled out is August 1. We apologize for the short notice but the program designers need time to develop the program. It will only be online, rather than printed, but we are changing the layout to include advertisements throughout rather than keeping them in one section at the back.
Open Water is still setting up our exhibitor’s hall, but those of you who participated in our virtual conference last year will recall how things looked then. We are aiming for as good or better a virtual experience this year.
As a reminder, here are some elements to consider:
● You can list your logo and publisher website and contact information of your representatives; note that you can also include a button with a “click here to schedule a meeting with us” option. You can set up how you want that to work; some options might be a shared document that members can sign up for time slots in, a scheduler program if you use one, or it can go straight to an email request.
● Near that button will also be a button for members to register for GSA-level give-aways in order to encourage visitors to sites; after the conference, we will have random drawings. It is also possible for you to have a button with a give-away drawing specific to you. (I will send you the spreadsheet of everyone who visited your site after the conference.)
● You can include a short video or slideshow or image highlighting recent titles, introducing yourself and your focus, etc.
● You can include links to your website and any other information (such as an ordering form, a discount code, etc.).
● There is also a space for any social media sites you maintain.
At your earliest convenience, please complete the survey here (GSA Exhibitor Form) where I will ask you whether you plan to exhibit, and if yes, to provide as much as the information above as possible as well as a tentative list of names and email addresses of representatives likely to attend.
It will be possible to edit much of this information later, but it would help us out considerably if you could at least start the process by filling out what you do know now.
Please share this email and the link to the questionnaire with colleagues. And please contact us with any questions, concerns, and suggestions, and I’ll try and respond as quickly and as thoroughly as I can, or else forward them to OpenWater.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Benita Blessing, PhD
Operations Director, the German Studies Association
Margaret E. Menninger, PhD
Executive Director, The German Studies Association
Exhibitor/Publisher Information, GSA 2021
12 July 2021